Skip Links
Members Login

How do I report a concern about Abuse?

If you suspect a person is at immediate risk of harm call 999 and speak to the Police. All calls concerning worries about vulnerable adults are treated seriously.

To report a non-urgent case of abuse, contact

TEL: 0300 303 8886

Adult Care Services
Number One Riverside
Smith Street
Rochdale, OL16 1XU

Out of hours emergencies

4:45pm - 8:30am
Monday - Friday and anytime weekends and Bank Holidays
0300 303 8875

You will be asked for basic information about the person you are concerned about and what you have been told, heard, seen or suspect. You will be asked to give your name so that you can be kept informed. Your name will not be shared without your permission.

Abuse comes in many forms and more than one type of abuse may be happening at the same time.

The person concerned may not be able to report the abuse themselves and may rely on you to voice your concerns. You will be offered advice and support. You must never assume that somebody else will recognise and report what you have seen or heard.

If you are in any doubt about reporting your concerns don't think 'What if I'm wrong?' think What if I'm right?'

Remember - safeguarding is everyone's business!

Seven Minute Briefing - What to do if you suspect abuse or neglect

Guide - What do I do if I have a Safeguarding Concern about an Adult?



Let us know what you think

RBSAB are keen to hear your views on this website so if you can think of ways to improve this service please let us know.

Feedback Form

Sign up for email updates

Keep up to date with Safeguarding Adult developments and the work of RBSAB by signing up for email alerts.

If you would like to unsubscribe from updates you can do so at any time by sending an email to [email protected]

Enter your email address
Safeguarding Children Click here to access the Safeguarding Children Partnership